- Nightview is software dedicated for control of a CCD camera and telescope.
- Nightview provides: setup exposure type (dark, light), binning
mode, exposure duration on the CCD camera and acquire of the exposure.
- Nightview has fuctions for selection of any filter in a filter wheel.
- With Nightview, it is possible to get and set of temperature of
a camera CCD chip.
- Nightview allows slew your telescope to any position on the sky.
- Nightview camera and telescope components works together, so every
image contains information about telescope position.
- Nightview is designed multiplatformly. All of features are supported
under Linux. A client part works under FreeBSD (and probably other
- There is no dependence on a desktop environment.
- Graphical user interface is provided by wxWidgets.
- Command line clients are intended for batch processing and scripting.
- At present time, only SBIG cameras on USB port are supported.
- Nightview is prepared in mind of architecture of type server - client.
All devices are accesible via a network.
- The telescope driver can be simple ported on various home-made mounts.
- The standard FITS format has been choosed for all image data manipulation.
- There is a mode for pointing of long exposure series.
- An internet access to SIMBAD archive is implemented.
Last modification: 2009-01-22 16:06:52